I was hoping the last build would have started more of the healer balance changes I still expect, but no luck. But we did get some changes so tank self healing and CD’s which should make our tank healing more important. But the big thing that has happened is that Tower of Radiance has been changed. It no longer generates holy power but returns 40% of the mana spent on your Holy Light or Flash of Light that was casted on the beacon. Huge change. Since Holy Radiance is so expensive we are not expecting reliable HP generation from casting it and that leaves just Holy Shock to generate HP. Huge change. Really slows the healing down. I agree with the change in the sense that spamming the tank for HP is not good game play and doesn’t lend itself to fun healing play. In the end, we should be motivated to heal those that need it rather than heal a target for other resources. The down side is we can expect a HP finisher every 15 seconds or so instead of 5-8 seconds. Have not had any change in the strength of our finishers to offset this, and in fact EF got a huge nerf (reduced HoT strength). That is something I would expect to see changed with healing tuning pass that is hopefully coming up. Anyway, these numbers are still early but I have some fun charts and stat weights based on:
- 660 ilvl with raid buffs at Approx: 6100 SP, 24% Haste, 24% Crit, 24% Mastery, 8% Multistrike, 5% Versatility
- Over-healing Estimates at Approx: 5% Mastery/Sacred Shield, 25% Beacon, 30% single Target, 10% AoE
- Two Sacred Shields up at a time
- PERFECT beacon of insight usage. Every heal is casted on BoI.
- Infusion of Light Procs included in Crit stat wt.
My recap of the above is:
- Beacon of Insight if used PERFECTLY is actually pretty strong. But it won’t take much error for it to lose strength, but then again there maybe several fights double beacon loses potency as well (low tank damage, high raid damage).
- If we can use Holy Radiance we get a huge boost in healing compared to not. But Spirit requirement is off the hook 3 times more spirit required.
- Sacred Shield with LoD is on top of all the other talents by 5-7%.
- Our Holy Power finisher is worth 10-20% of our total healing.
- Selfless Healer might actually work’ish but to be worth it Judgement really has to do useful damage imo, might even have synergy with Beacon of Insight due to more time to find the BoI target. Maybe.
I also included stat weights. They are relative to 1 point of Intellect:
In general we see Int>>Crit>Haste>Mastery>>Multistrike=Versatility. The biggest variation we see is with Sacred Shield which does better with haste and especially poor with versatility and mastery (both of those stats do not effect SS). Other than that we don’t see wild variation in stat weights between the primary secondaries (Crit, Haste, Mastery) and the secondary secondaries (Multistrike and Versatility).
My spreadsheets are pretty well setup for WoD and should have quick updates as we get closer to release.